Position Title: Oracle Database Administrator IV
Security Clearance Required: (Requires an active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph)
Must have experience and full knowledge of Oracle 10, SQL Server and/or Sybase IQ is a plus.
To be consider you must be able to monitor database activity file usage, perform upgrades and maintenance, provide database analysis to our customer. You must be able to investigate and resolve technical database issues.
Essential Job Functions
- Translates business requirements and models into feasible and acceptable data warehouse designs; designs and builds appropriate data repositories and data movements (dimensional databases) to ensure that business needs are met. Create database models which serve as blue prints for project engagements of all complexities.
- Designs and oversees the implementation of data transformation and change processing procedures to ensure that data from multiple sources is aggregated, normalized and updated and then published to multiple target environments.
- Interacts with clients while designing internal and external data interfaces to ensure that database development needs are according to client specifications; coordinates with clients, external data providers, and business team to ensure that business model is accurately represented and understood by all relevant parties.
- Establishes data standards and policies, data modeling, systems architecture design, and migration system architectures to ensure access to and integrity of data assets.
- Analyzes changes in online transactional processing, business processes, and external information sources and recommends modifications, to improve quality of applications and meet additional requirements.
- Coordinates activities of database analysts and other database personnel to determine appropriate database deployment strategies and parameters, to ensure cost effectiveness and system efficiency.
- Evaluates reusability of current data for additional analysis, while maintaining integrity and confidentiality of information; conducts data cleaning to rid the system of old, unused, or duplicate data for better management or quicker access.
- Develops data warehousing blueprints, evaluates hardware and software platforms, and integrates systems to ensure that integration is effective and meets client specifications.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in information science, data management, computer science or related field preferred
- Nine or more years of experience in data analysis or computer programming
- Experience working with domain structures, user authentication, and digital signatures
- Experience working with company hardware and software products to make sound financial recommendations
- Experience working with programming design and coding languages
- Experience working with industry standards, regulations and guidelines in database warehousing and other relevant systems
- Experience working with information security practices and available security software packages
- Experience working with relational databases
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Strong skills in data administration, design and architecture
- Leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Strong communication skills to communicate with customers, team members, external data providers and management
- Ability to deal with and resolve ambiguity
- Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action
- Willingness to travel
ICS Employment Application
Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply