Position Title: UNIX/Linux System Administrator III
Security Clearance Required: (Requires an active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph)
We have an immediate need for a seasoned UNIX System Administrator. To be considered, candidates must hold an active Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph security clearance. The ideal candidate will be able to provide support during core hours of 6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. as well as 24/7 on-call support (rotational basis, core 8 hour day to be determined). Worldwide travel may be required in support of customers.
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- System Administration for UNIX OS legacy servers. This includes server installations or upgrades.
- Solaris 10 experience, Red Hat Linux operating system experience, experience, exposure or training involving VMware or Sun Virtualization is a plus.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following UNIX based systems is a plus:Cloudcover, Jumpgate, Baybridge, Mailorder
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinates with client management to formulate highly complex technical solutions. Identifies and implements solutions based on client needs. Inform client management of appropriate developments in technical support products.
- Provides technical leadership to internal and external personnel on highly complex system installation processes. Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Provides technical leadership to appropriate personnel on highly complex system administration activities. Provides technical solutions and escalated support for non-routine, highly complex technical issues.
- Evaluates products and upgrades for appropriateness of cost and compatibility. Oversees and implements system upgrade strategies.
- Leads the design, implementation, and maintenance of highly complex solutions. Coordinate activities with other technical personnel as appropriate.
- Develops and analyzes highly complex system standards, thresholds, and recommendations to maximize system performance. Initiates reviews as appropriate.
- Conducts capacity planning reviews with management and approves capacity plans formulated by less experienced personnel.
- Develops strategies to manage the frequency of appropriate support package/patch application. Monitors database maintenance and provides appropriate recommendations, when required. Implements solutions and refines procedures as appropriate.
- Coordinates with business development personnel on proposals and work estimates involving highly complex system administration projects and solutions.
- Researches current systems technology and serves as subject matter expert on complex systems processes and procedures. Conduct usability and costing studies.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
Nine or more years technical experiences in a client server environment
Experience working with highly complex systems administration, database administration, and landscape maintenance
Experience working with company and client documentation and storage procedures; highly complex systems implementations and organizational process such as Linux system administration.
- Experience with installation/configuration of desktop computers, grid servers and system design/upgrade design process
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Strong communication skills
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Strong ability to lead and work as part of a team
ICS Employment Application
Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply